IN YOUR DREAMS (Falling Series #4)
NA Contemporary Romance
Release Date: March 29, 2016
PURCHASE IN YOUR DREAMS
Barnes & Noble: http://bit.ly/1ps8JMy
Google Play: http://bit.ly/1LrCxmc
What it’s about:
Casey Coffield has a growing list of personal flaws he keeps locked away in his head:
He’s never on time.
His list of IOUs to his best friend is endless.
Money is always short.
Goals are never in reach.
Oh, and he’s decided to add college drop-out to that list, too. He doesn’t really think that last one’s such a bad thing, but his family insists it is, so it stays on the list.
On paper, he’s a zero. But in person, when he’s mixing tracks for a sea of bodies at the hottest clubs and parties, he’s downright irresistible. Just-right stubble on his chin, body of a boxer and a smirk that stimulates all the right nerves—women have never been a problem. They flock to his swagger and fall for his charm…fast.
All except for this one.
Purple hair, gray eyes, a raspy voice and sass, Murphy Sullivan is a little bit country and a little bit rock-n-roll. And her and Casey? They have history. He can’t remember it, but she wrote a song about him—and it’s not exactly a love song. But it is good. Damn good. And uncovering her inspiration just might be the key to solving a few of his shortcomings—not to mention open doors to his own big break in the music industry.
But sometimes dreams get messy when they collide. Sometimes life changes patterns. A past paints the wrong picture and futures get cloudy. The only question that remains is who will you choose when the dust settles—you? Or the girl of your dreams?
❤ Behind the Scenes of In Your Dreams ❤
In Your Dreams, in Five Words
Dreams. I suppose that one’s kind of obvious, but it’s the root of the entire story. Chasing dreams. Figuring them out. Fearing them. Wanting them. Wishing. Holding onto them. Changing them. Bending them. Letting them go. That word defined every corner of this book.
Duty. One of the most important threads to In Your Dreams is the sense of duty that is the creed Casey’s father lives by. It stands in the way of dreams, and Casey can’t understand how you could possibly choose duty first…over your passion.
Courage. This one is 100 percent Murphy’s word. She is courage. Even when she’s not being brave. Not every courageous act is grand, and some of them come in baby steps—inching your way to the goal. Murphy’s courage is quiet…until it’s not.
Family. The Sullivans and the Coffields are incredibly different families. This story also throws in a third element—Houston’s family (from book 3 in the Falling series). You get the warmth that Casey craves at Houston’s home, and you see how drawn he is to it in Murphy’s. But his own family is defined by different qualities. Providing for one another is at the center of every decision, but it comes at a cost—Casey’s youth was full of coldness and loneliness. This story really opens up those dynamics and explores the different colors of love—even its ugly side.
Selflessness. I’m not going to say much about this word, but just know that it takes us all a while to get to it. Even Casey Coffield.
In Your Dreams, the Story Behind the Story
- There is a Biore strip scene that I adore in this book. It was inspired by a very successful Tuesday night Biore strip moment of my own.
- Casey’s character came to be because of Calvin Harris and Ryan Lewis—geniuses. Just not your typical rock stars.
- The Falling series is set in Oklahoma—Stillwater all the way to Norman—because A: my daddy is from Oklahoma; and B: I went there with the Fiesta Bowl committee once, and fell in love with some of the kindest people in the world. I made up town names for In Your Dreams because I didn’t want to ruffle any feathers for OSU and UofO alums—I understand how deep rivalries work. I’m a Sun Devil.
- Sometimes I’m really moved by music when I write, and other times, I need complete silence. This book was a mix; when Murphy needed to sing, I busted out my eclectic Spotify playlist. I mention Ratatat in the book—if you don’t know them, you’ll find them on the playlist, too. Find it and all of my playlists here: https://open.spotify.com/user/thegingerscott – be warned, I’m an audiophile nerd and my tastes run the gamut.
- There’s a tiny hidden Easter Egg shout-out to the great John Hughes in this book. If you find it, let me know;-)
- I love the name Murphy and have been dying to use it in a book. It’s never been the right girl for the job until now.
- If you remind me on twitter or through an IG message, I’ll post a picture of the place near my house that inspired Casey’s dream studio building. It’s been turned into a distillery in real life, and it’s hella cool.
The Falling Series:
This is Falling (Falling #1)
Barnes & Noble: http://bit.ly/1XkhyqS
Google Play: http://bit.ly/1REIHfH
You and Everything After (Falling #2)
Barnes & Noble: http://bit.ly/1o7rSCN
Google Play: http://bit.ly/1RVyNc2
The Girl I Was Before (Falling #3)
Barnes & Noble: http://bit.ly/1MvPO9o
Google Play: http://bit.ly/1pChbJb
Tour organized by Wordsmith Publicity